Saturday 11 April 2015

Parandas - High braided ponytail

Lately I've been using parandas all the time, in braids, length-shortening updos and braided updos :) 

A paranda is a hair accessory, traditionally braided into the hair in India to make it look longer and/or thicker, or simply as an adornment.  It consists of three strands of coloured threads, usually with tassels at the end. 

Apart from the adornment that is having coloured wool in your braid, I love parandas because they help keeping my slippery fine-textured, straight hair in place for longer when wearing braids, and they also make my braid thicker, which I personally like. 

I have a couple of parandas, made of purple wool, without tassels. I learned how to make it thanks to this tutorial: 

I uploaded a hairstyle tutorial last week, so here's the video and a couple of pics. It's a pretty straightforward style, a braided high ponytail, and one of my favourite go-to styles, both for day-to-day activites, sword-fighting, and ranger cosplay :)



  • Pic gallery:






                                 SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.








No comments:

Post a Comment