Wednesday 2 November 2016

Hairstyles - Noldorin Elf cosplay crown braided updo: Rope-braid version

Yesterday I did a Rivendell Elf cosplay shoot in some public gardens and went, once again, for a crown-style braided updo for my Noldorin Elf OC (Both my personal headcanon and some Tolkien references describe Noldorin ladies as wearing braided updos (crown braids or other), and bejewelled hairnets, snoods and tressures). So far, I have tried three variations:

1. A rope-braided, hair-taping inspired crown updo:


And now, 
3. Same updo as 2., but with rope braids instead of three-strand braids. 


  • For this style, I used:
-An elastic without metal for the initial ponytail.
-Two parandas (info about making parandas and braiding them into hair here). Parandas are optional, but a nice addition if you want added volume and colour. You could also use ribbons and/or (metallic) cord.
-Bobby pins (closed and open). Lots of them in my case xD

  • Steps (video tutorial planned!):
The steps I followed for this 'Noldorin updo' are nearly identical to the Three-strand braided crown-style updo, only I did rope-braids in this case.

1. Pull your hair into a high ponytail (or a low one, I went with a high one) and secure it with a hair-friendly elastic without metal.
2. Divide your hair into two parts. Braid each section (rope braiding), adding a paranda (optional).
3. Pin each braid around your head with closed bobby pins. I pinned one braid first until I reached the elastic at the back of the head (and left the rest hanging), and then pinned the other in front of the first one. You can also criss-cross them. 

4. Wrap and pin the remaining length of both braids around and over the elastic at the back, hiding it and creating a bun.

5. I added an amethyst hair pin as final decoration

More hair pics from the shoot:








SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.


1 comment:

  1. All the styles have intricate beauty. And of course your smile is simply perfect. Great update, can't wait to see the videos. Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete