Tuesday 5 December 2017

Hairstyles - Fishtail/Herringbone braid

This is a WIP-post for now (as some of you might already have noticed, I upload earlier 'thematic' posts of this blog ('French braids', 'parandas', etc) with new pics, so I hope to be able to upload this very brief post soon!

The fishtail or herringbone braid is a braid I really love, partly because it's been associated with Tolkien Elves (Arwen, Elrond, Legolas and Tauriel wear them in the LOTR and Hobbit movies, for example, among others). I really like the look of this braid, so I hope to stop procrastinating and find time to practice it in the near future.

I've only been dabbling in fishtail braids for now, mainly practicing on my braid tassels and such xD I somehow find them really daunting because of my straight, slippery hair, I always have the feeling it's not going to be easy to make a full one without it being unravelled in seconds :S But I guess we'll see how it goes, I'll probably end up using lots of aloe vera gel at least xD

Three pics from a few years ago:

Three-strand braid into a fishtail:


And the one time I actually tried to do a full fishtail, as a half-up (and pretty slapdash, but yeah, practise xD):

                                          SwordWomanRiona / rionashairblog.blogspot.com.es

If you copy-and-paste this post and/or alter it without any permission, credit or link, you're stealing my content. In that case, please stop. Please ask before using my work, or at least share it properly, giving credit to me and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment